Monday, January 4, 2010

Blog 7

189. I am never me when...

I'm always me.

I spent a good few minutes thinking about this before I answered, and honestly, I'm always me. Different aspects of "me", but I'm always me.

There's the me that's uncomfortable in awkward situations and I don't feel like I'm 100% ok unless I have my better half by my side. Sometimes if he's not around and I'm in a situation that I need him in, I literally ache for him. My stomach turns into a big knot, I feel sick, my lungs hurt because it's hard to breathe. And although that my change my mood, my words or my outlook for the time being, I'm still me.

There's the me that's grumpy in the mornings and sometimes snaps at my kids when I'm getting them breakfast. That's the same me that says "I'm sorry" and gives them kisses all over their faces when they're eating their cereal, when I'm sure that they're thinking that just one kiss would have been good enough. Or just the I'm sorry alone. :)

There's the me that HATES to cook, but does it 5 days a week anyway.

There's the me that's ashamed to admit that I love the soap opera General Hospital like a fat kid loves cake. I even DVR it. I know, I know. It's bad. And shameful. But I love it so much. So so so very very much. :)

There's the me that gets so excited everyday to watch tv with my husband at night. I love our nightly tv watching ritual with our popcorn and/or monster cookie and soda. We split the monster cookie, of course. :)

There's the me that loves to sleep in on Saturday's and Sunday's. Oh how I love to sleep in. And by sleep in, I mean till at least 10:30 or 11:00am. Thank goodness my kids LOVE to sleep too! And so does my husband. We're quite the sleepers. :) Taylor's learning to love it finally. :)

There's the me that adores to get ready and go out. Where? Anywhere. Whether it's to the grocery store, shopping at the mall, out to lunch or dinner, or drinks with friends, I just love the whole act of "getting ready". I love to do my make-up and my hair. I love to pick out my outfits and shoes. I love it all!

There's the me that works out. Works out HARD. That's the me who's running the Eugene 1/2 Marathon in May!!! WHOOHOOO!!!!

The most important me I am is the wife and mother me. My husband and children are everything to me. I love to take care of them (even if that means cooking 5 days a week, LOL). They don't know this, but they take care of me way more than I take care of them.

So in short, I am me. All the time.

1 comment: