Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Blog 11

434. If you could do whatever you wanted to right now, what would you do?

Definitely move.

Not just me, my husband, kids, family and a few select friends (you all know who you are), but the whole city of Eugene.

I know there are other college towns all over the USA that I could love almost as much as I love Eugene, but the thought of leaving Eugene (the Eugene area, rather), even for sunny and hot weather, makes me heart sink.

My husband and I talk all the time, more serious of talks as of late, about moving. We've talked about moving to Arizona, Vegas, Southern California, and most recently (and the most appealing to me) Texas and South Carolina. South Carolina sounds like almost heaven to me, actually. All of the quaint little towns with so much history and beautiful buildings and all of the nice "southern hospitality" type of people, but it is really far away. But if I could take all of who I mentioned above, and took Eugene too, I would move in a heartbeat!

The weather here gets harder and harder on me every year. When I was a kid and all the way up through my teens, I LOVED the rain. I loved the snow, I loved the cold weather. I don't know what changed, but about 5 years ago a deep seeded hatred for it started to emerge. Now I think I would be ok if I never saw another rain drop until I was 95 years old. To keep everything green it can rain at night, but during the days, all I ask is super sunny 80 degree weather. That's not too much to ask, right? Right.

Since I can't move the whole city of Eugene (and by that, I don't mean just the people of Eugene, I literally mean the WHOLE city, buildings, streets, everything) without super powers and since I don't foresee super powers in my near future, we'll have to wait to move until my heart doesn't sink so much at the thought of leaving Eugene. You never know though. $$$$ can change a lot of emotions. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment