Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Blog 8

242. What is your full name? Who were you named for? How do you feel about your name?

My full given name is Shannon Lee Skovbo. I tacked on a Jones at the end when I was 18 years young.

I have no idea who I was named for. That's an odd question. I'm not named after anyone. Well, not my first name, at least. My mom and I share the same middle name though, and I think that's cool.

My parents tell me that they had two names picked out for me. Shannon Lee for a dark haired baby and if I would have been born with lighter skin and blonde hair, my name would have been Randi Ellen.

And I probably would have turned out to be a lesbian.

So good thing for Miah and my kids that I was born with dark hair! HA! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha that's hilarious! My mom doesn't even remember what my other name possibilities were...I guess that's what happens when you are the third child. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so so stinking funny!! My Dad had a dream about my name...not sure if there were other options but it's a pretty cool story either way! Randi Ellen? REALLY?!?!? Lol!!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete