Friday, December 18, 2009

Blog 3

47. "An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind." -Buddha

I don't think I've ever had an evil friend. Well, no, I take that back, I have had an evil friend or two, but not evil like "I'm going to murder you", lol, but evil in the since that they want to see you not succeed in life. SUCKY! I feel relieved to not be friends with people like that any longer!

But outside of just a VERY small handful of "evil" (insincere is definitely a better word) friends that have come and gone in my life, I feel pretty blessed for the most part. My good friends way outnumber the bad ones. I've had a friend or two that has literally broke my heart, but who hasn't right? I TRULY believe that forgiveness is only the best thing to do in situations like that. Holding grudges, being mad/mean, constantly dwelling on the negative will ONLY HURT YOU. You being mad, holding a grudge will not hurt your friend. They aren't in your head. They don't feel your feelings or pain. If you forgive, you won't feel the pain as bad either! For me, that's always been my motto. But at the same time, forgiveness for me doesn't mean putting myself right back into the same situation or forgetting. A few of my friends who are part of the small group that have broken my heart I'm still friends with, but definitely not in the same capacity as I was. It's just not beneficial. But not forgiving them is detrimental.
So, forgive the insincere and evil friends you've had (or have?! lol) but just don't put yourself back in the same position to be taken advantage of.
BUT DO FORGIVE!
:)

Thus ends my public service announcement. Carry on....
;)

1 comment: